“Ubertrends — How Trends And Innovation Are Transforming Our Future” is a visual, eye-opening exploration of eight massive waves that are reshaping humanity, accentuated by the forces of innovation. An Ubertrend is a gigantic wave, think tsunami, that cascades through society leaving many subtrends in its turbulent wake. What sets Ubertrends apart? An Ubertrend causes fundamental changes in societal attitudes and values. Most trends merely skim the social surface. Besides population changes, Ubertrends open doors for disruptive innovations while propelling game-changing new business trends. The world’s permanently altered consumer behavior provides immediate context for how our future is evolving, setting the stage for new waves of breakthrough innovations that further recast it. In nine riveting chapters, you will learn more about these unique life forces:
• Digital Lifestyle — Marriage of Man and Machine
• Fountain of Youth — Rejuvenating Body, Spirit and Environment
• Generation X-tasy — Been There, Done That
• Time Compression — The Acceleration of Life
• Unwired — Untethered and Unfettered
• Casual Living — The Evaporation of Decorum
• Voyeurgasm — I Like to Watch
• WAF (Woman’s Acceptance Factor) — Ascent of Woman
• Innovation — Reinventing Business and Life.
The most significant wave is the Digital Lifestyle, Marriage of Man and Machine. The computer is mimicking us, and we’re becoming the computer. Don’t believe it? When you tire you “crash.” Another growing consumer trend is Time Compression, The Acceleration of Life. Time Compression has made life a blur, turning our state of mind into a state of time. This Ubertrend traces its roots to 1940s Massachusetts with the invention of the Polaroid camera and Raytheon microwave oven. These Ubertrends are described in data-based detail, providing an unadulterated look at current trends in consumer behavior against a remarkable backdrop of today’s fastest-growing consumer and technology trends.